Tuesday 17 November 2009

Soul Destroying Achievements

So after a weekend away I decided I would get the DLC for Crackdown and work on the achievements for that. However the ones I’m working on are slow going but will update as and when I get them.


In the meantime I thought I would discuss some of the Achievements that I’ve pretty much given up on. These fall into 2 categories, online achievements and those that would be such a hard slog that your're not sure if they are really worth it


The first category the online achievements, I’m not going to touch on these for very long but these are achievements where you have to play online and either my friends don’t have the games or they are fairly old and the online community is still going strong so any attempt would have me fragged in the first minute. For example we’re talking about Halo and Gears of War. I’ve not tried the online community for either game so I don’t really know for sure if I’m just being sceptical.


The Second category though is the one I wanted to talk about. These are the ones that usually need to you find a certain number of objects, or defeat an impossible monster. My main example is one that really bugs me, Infinite Undiscovery and the Seraphic Gatekeeper achievement. Here is the description ‘Defeated Ethereal Queen in Infinity mode’. This achievement requires a lot of work. First you have to finish the main game on normal so that you can unlock hard. Then you have to finish the game on hard so that you can unlock Infinity mode. Then you have to finish the game on infinity mode to unlock the Seraphic Gate and work through that to defeat the hardest boss in the game. Now it might be that I’m really lazy, or that I found the game really difficult to get into but that’s a lot of work and the icing on the cake? The reward for this achievement is a whooping 1G. That’s it, 1 measly Gamerscore. The Flags on Assassins Creed were fine. The Orbs in Crackdown are not a problem, but this, this is Heart Crushing.


Let me know of your most defeating achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment