Sunday 11 April 2010

Review: Iron Man



Being a Big Marvel Fan and a fan of the film I was excited about getting this game, despite it getting really bad reviews. I enjoyed playing the game, it was fairly short in that I finished it in about a week. It then took me another week to get the rest of the achievements.

The game loosely follows the movie although much like Xmen Origins: Wolverine it adds a bit more story so I'm not really sure you can call it a movie tie in. It starts with Tony Stark escaping from capture and then getting the suit up and running and apart from the final boss that's all the game and the movie have in common. The other missions are following Tony as he takes on the people using his weapons and destroying them.

The controls do take a little getting used to, I found the flying most difficult. but the fact that you can "re-route" power to various different areas to improve different aspects was a good one. So you could fly faster if trying to avoid a target or increase your melee attacks, or your repulsers or to your armour.

I had hoped to do the game in one play through unfortunately starting on hard was too hard for me. However by playing through on easy first I was able to unlock all the extra suits which you can then use in the missions. Including one suit that has a shield which I didn't work out how to use until the second to last mission, this made a lot of difference. 

The achievements weren't too difficult, the hardest one to get was the playing through on hard, but then that's not too surprising. Overall I liked the game, it was easy enough to get into, and I would recommend this game to anyone who likes either marvel or the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment