Tuesday 27 July 2010

Review: Singularity



Singularity is an FPS (First Person Shooter) which takes place on a Secret Russian island where they were experimenting with a newly discovered element called "E99", the soviets version of atomic energy. Throught experimentation the Russians discover that E99 has the power to manipulate time and shortly after arriving on the island you fall through time back to the 1950s, where your presence causes the time-lines to change. It's then up to you to help a group of renegades to restore the time-lines to the way they were.

I really enjoyed the story and I found that it helped with setting the pace throughout the game. I did find that if you're not paying attention when you start you can miss some of the impact of the first few "decisions" you make in the game. The Graphics I thought were really good the effects when you use the TMD (Time mainpulaton device) on items worked really well, I also liked when items would retro grade around you.

One of the things I was a little disappointed in was you could only use the TMD in one way, press . Yahtzee made the same observation in his review, not that I'm comparing myself to him. The Graphics I thought were really good the effects when you use the TMD (Time mainpulaton device) on items worked really well. I also liked when items would retro grade around you.Although the shooting aspects of the game we're good I'm not sure if I can truly call this game an FPS as the set pieces are sporadic, it's not in the same league as the CoD games but I did find that it worked well enough.

This was one of the very few games that I thought I would try on the hardest difficulty and although there were a couple of sections that I did find to be quiet difficult I'm glad that I did start on Hard. I think I would go back and play it again, but it won't be anytime soon, not just because I've got plenty of other games to be getting on with but it will also allow me to forget the story somewhat so that I can get back into it.

Overall I found the game really enjoyable and if your looking for something a bit different to your usual FPS's then I definitely recommend that you pick this game up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment